Librarians require guidance in responding to student enquiries similar to “How do I answer this assignment question?”
This document is prepared to give some guidelines about the extent to which librarians should assist students.
- Librarians are to encourage students to be life-long learners.
- Librarians shall promote information literacy to students.
- The Library shall implement procedures consistent with accepted best practice in the library and information management industries.
- The Library shall prioritise assisting Eastern students and staff before other stakeholders.
- Librarians shall “guide” students in answering their own questions rather than providing answers.