To establish responsibilities for ensuring the implementation of the Course Assurance Policy.
These procedures apply to the Dean of Academic Administration and Chief Operations Officer.
Responsibilities of the Dean of Academic Administration
- Monitor the RTO Standards and the Higher Education Support Act (HESA) and establish any changes to course assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the College’s policies and procedures require that students/learners are made aware of courses/training packages that may be discontinued and possible transition arrangements.
Responsibilities of the Chief Operations Officer
- Ensure that the College maintains a formal Course Assurance Agreement at all times.
- Ensure that the College maintains formal Course Assurance Agreement(s) to cover both VET training packages and Higher Education courses.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement allows a student the “Course Assurance Option” of continuing their study with a second provider while receiving full credit for units completed and without financial penalty for any replacement units.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement allows a student the “Student Contribution/Tuition Fee Option” where students will be reimbursed for any up-front payments for units they commenced but were unable to complete because the College stopped providing the course of study/training package.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement requires the organisation providing the assurance to make written tuition assurance offers to affected students.