To establish responsibilities for ensuring the implementation of the Course Assurance Policy.
These procedures apply to the Dean of Academic Administration and General Manager.
Responsibilities of the Dean of Academic Administration
- Monitor the RTO Standards and the Higher Education Support Act (HESA) and establish any changes to course assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the College’s policies and procedures require that students/learners are made aware of courses/training packages that may be discontinued and possible transition arrangements.
Responsibilities of the General Manager
- Ensure that the College maintains a formal Course Assurance Agreement at all times.
- Ensure that the College maintains formal Course Assurance Agreement(s) to cover both VET training packages and Higher Education courses.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement allows a student the “Course Assurance Option” of continuing their study with a second provider while receiving full credit for units completed and without financial penalty for any replacement units.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement allows a student the “Student Contribution/Tuition Fee Option” where students will be reimbursed for any up-front payments for units they commenced but were unable to complete because the College stopped providing the course of study/training package.
- Ensure that the Course Assurance Agreement requires the organisation providing the assurance to make written tuition assurance offers to affected students.