To establish responsibilities for the issuing of AQF qualification documents.
These procedures apply to the Registrar, the Dean of Academic Administration and the Chief Executive Officer (Principal).
Responsibilities of the Registrar
- Ensure that any credit transfer from another RTO is only accepted if it follows the Credit Transfer Policy and has been completed using the VET Credit Transfer Procedures.
- Ensure that a student has met all the requirements of the AQF qualification prior to preparing a Testamur.
- Ensure that a student has met all the requirements of each unit of competency prior to preparing a Statement of Attainment.
- Add the code and title of the awarded AQF qualification to a Testamur.
- Add to a Statement of Attainment a list of the completed units of competency showing their full titles and national codes.
- Peform a final check that there are no outstanding fees and then produce the individual Testamurs and Statements of Attainment.
Responsibilities of the Dean of Academic Administration
- Ensure that all VET Testamur and Statement of Attainment templates include the name and title of the College, the RTO code, the NRT logo and the authorised signatories.
- Ensure that the statement of attainment template includes the College’s seal, corporate identifier or unique watermark and also includes the words ‘A statement of attainment is issued by a Registered Training Organisation when an individual has completed one or more accredited units’
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer when satisfied that Testamurs and Statements of Attainment are correct and ready for signing.
- Ensure that AQF certification documentation is issued to a student within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product if the training program in which the learner is enrolled is complete.
- Maintain the following registers:
- registers of AQF qualifications and Statements of Attainment it is authorised to issue and of all AQF qualifications issued
- AQF certification documentation and Statements of Attainment issued for a period of 30 years
- reports of Records of qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued to the College’s VET Regulator.
Responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer (Principal)
- Sign Testamurs and Statements of Attainment when advised by the Dean of Academic Administration that all requirements have been met.