Thursday, 9 April, 2015
To establish responsibilities for the issuing of AQF qualification documents.
These procedures apply to the Registrar and RTO Chief Executive Officer (Director of VET).
Responsibilities of the Registrar
- Ensure that any credit transfer from another RTO is only accepted if it follows the Credit Transfer Policy and has been completed using the VET Credit Transfer Procedures.
- Ensure that a student has a Unique Student Identifier recorded in the Student Management System.
- Ensure that a student has met all the requirements of the AQF qualification prior to preparing a Testamur.
- Ensure that a student has met all the requirements of each unit of competency prior to preparing a Statement of Attainment.
- Add the code and title of the awarded AQF qualification to a Testamur.
- Add to a Statement of Attainment a list of the completed units of competency showing their full titles and national codes.
- Peform a final check that there are no outstanding fees and then produce the individual Testamurs and Statements of Attainment.
- Ensure that all VET Testamur and Statement of Attainment templates include the name and title of the College, the RTO code, the CRICOS Provide code (when approved), the NRT logo and the authorised signatories.
- Ensure that the statement of attainment template includes the College’s seal, corporate identifier or unique watermark and also includes the words ‘A statement of attainment is issued by a Registered Training Organisation when an individual has completed one or more accredited units’
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer (Director of VET) when satisfied that Testamurs and Statements of Attainment are correct and ready for signing.
- Ensure that AQF certification documentation is issued to a student within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting all the requirements of the qualification.
- Maintain the registers of AQF qualifications and Statements of Attainment the College is authorised to issue and of all AQF qualifications issued.
- Retain AQF certification documentation and Statements of Attainment issued for a period of 30 years.
- Provide reports of Records of qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued to the College’s VET Regulator when required.
Responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer (Director of VET)
- Authorise the use of e-signature for Statements of Attainment and Record of results.
- Hand-sign Testamurs when advised by the Registrar that all requirements have been met.
- Director of VET will hand-sign the Testamurs when advised by the Registrar that all requirements have been met.