To establish responsibilities for ensuring that all VET students are assigned a unique Student Identifier Number prior to commencing any training or assessment with the College.
These procedures apply to the Registrar, staff conducting New Student Interviews and the Director of VET.
Responsibilties of the Registrar
- Using the website http://www.usi.gov.au/Training-Organisations/Pages/training-organisations.aspx, check the Student Identifier Number provided by a VET student while applying to the College
- If unable to confirm the Student Identifier Number contact the student to establish its authenticity.
- If the student does not have an existing Student Identifier Number, or it is impossible to confirm the number, in conjunction with the student create a unique identification number.
- The Registrar shall not issue to a student any AQF certification documentation unless one of the following applies:
- A verified Student Identifier Number exists
- An exemption applies under the Student Identifiers Act 2014 .
- When an exemption applies the remind the student that the results of training with the College will not be accessible through the Commonwealth and will not appear on any authenticated VET transcript prepared by the Registrar.
Responsibilities of the staff conducting New Student Interviews
- Any staff member conducting a New Student interview shall ensure that the Unique Student Identifier (USI) section of the Pre-training Assessment form has been fully completed by the prospective student.
Responsibilities of the Director of VET
- Ensure that Student Identification Numbers and related documentation are kept secure.