To establish responsibilities to ensure the progress of all VET students is assessed in a systematic manner.
These procedures apply to the VET Co-ordinator, the Registrar and the Enrolments Officer.
Responsibilities of the VET Co-ordinator
1. Monitor the progress of each VET student on a frequency not less than monthly.
2. Check the assignment submissions on the respective Moodle sites for each unit of competency.
3. Advise the Registrar within three weeks of when all assessment requirements of a unit of competency have been completed by a student.
4. Monitor the activity on Moodle for students who miss suggested assignment submission dates.
5. Contact students who have not engaged for four weeks and review their individual training plans.
6. Where necessary amend an individual’s training plan and facilitate the return of a signed copy by the student.
7. Forward a copy of revised individual training plan to the Enrolments Officer.
8. Where appropriate discuss the possibility of course withdrawal with a student and advise where they may complete a course withdrawal form.
Responsibilities of the Registrar
1. Within seven (7) days of receiving notification from the VET Co-ordinator issue Statements of Attainment for students who have successfully completed units of competency.
2. On completion of each Statement of Attainment send an e-mail to the student asking for confirmation of their residential address.
3. Ensure that any claims made on Higher Education and Skills Group or other funding agency accurately reflect the progress of each individual student.
4. Process any course withdrawal forms received.
Responsibilities of the Enrolments Officer
1. Upon receiving a revised individual training plan amend the student’s enrolment to reflect the changes in the plan.
2. Send an e-mail to the student confirming any enrolment changes.