To establish responsibilities for the ensuring the systematic validation of all VET training packages.
These procedures apply to the Registrar, the Dean of Academic Administration and the VET Co-ordinator.
Responsibilities of the Registrar
- Develop a schedule for the validation of all VET training packages that are on the College’s scope of registration. This schedule will ensure the following:
- Every training package is to be validated at least once every five years
- The five year cycles will begin in 2015, 2020 and 2025.
- At least 50% of training packages are to be validated within the first three years of a five year cycle
- Training packages identified as likely to be audited by the VET Regulator will be validated earlier and more frequently that other training packages
- Recommend to the Dean of Academic Administration which training products will be validated
- (after consulting with the VET Co-ordinator) recommend to the Dean of Academic Administration suitable candidates for validation activities.
- Summarise the results of the validation activities and distribute the results to: the VET Co-ordinator, the Academic Standards and Risk Committee, and the Learning, Teaching & Research Committee.
- Ensure that all validation documentation is archived in a secure manner.
Responsibilities of the Dean of Academic Administration
- Make the final determination as to which training products will be validated.
- Decide who will lead and participate in the validation activities.
- Ensure that the validation panel is adequately represented by the following:
- members with vocational competencies and current industry skills relevant to the assessment being validated
- members with current knowledge and skills in vocational teaching and learning
- independent industry experts whenever possible
- Decide how outcomes of the validation activities will be documented.
- Present the results of the validation activities to the Academic Standards and Risk Committee for discussion.
- Take any recommendations from the Academic Standards and Risk Committee to the VET Co-ordinator and/or the Learning, Teaching & Research Committee.
Responsibilities of the VET Co-ordinator
- Review any recommendations from the Academic Standards and Risk Committee with a view to immediate implementation.
- Make recommendations to the Dean of Academic Administration of what units of competency within a particular training package are suitable candidates for validation.