Risk management and ensuring there is a process in the event of an unexpected loss of the Executive Principal. The rationale is based on how MST operates when their Principal is away. The Vice-Principal (Community & Operations) is on campus full time and is generally involved and aware of most areas of development at the college. While Eastern's Vice Principal might be a candidate for the long term role, the above suggestion is based on an immediate crisis that needs to be dealt with so the Board have time to find the right person for the future.
To ensure that the college continues to operate in the event of an unexpected loss of the Executive Principal, by appointing an Interim Executive Principal for a period of six months, so the Board have time to find the right person for the future.
This policy applies to both Eastern College Australia(Eastern) and Melbourne School of Theology(MST).
The Vice-Principal (Community & Operations) to be appointed as Interim Executive Principal
- Immediate full operational authority and responsibility granted by the MST & Eastern Boards
- Estimated period: 6 months
- MST & Eastern Board to immediately begin search for a new principal.
- The Vice-Principal (Community & Operations) will not be considered for the Executive Principal role.
Key focus areas:
- Executive Team leadership throughout the transition period
- Program and project continuity
- Staff stability and direction
- Maintain student focus and community communications and stability during the interim period
- All operational matters: Finance, legal, marketing, property
- Educational partnership relationships
Key areas not included in this interim role:
- Theological leadership (educational, community and operations)
- Principal’s role at Eastern College Australia
Vice-Principal (Eastern) to be assigned the following key additional areas of responsibility:
- Authority and responsibility for Eastern College and its relationship with TEQSA
- Theological leadership – MST & Eastern (educational, community and operations)
Vice-Principal Academic (MST)
Key additional areas of responsibility
- Faculty development
- Course development
- Quality control