The purpose of this policy is to ensure that:
- All supervisors and staff have an understanding of the use of time in lieu arrangements in the College.
- All supervisors and staff are aware of the procedures for time in lieu.
- All staff are treated consistently.
This policy applies to all permanent part-time and full-time College staff. This policy does not apply to casual staff or visiting academic staff.
- Time in lieu is distinct from choosing to start earlier or finish later than your allocated hours, and from varying your start and finishing hours in order to attend an external appointment.
- Time in lieu can be accrued and taken only with the prior approval of your supervisor or by their nominated delegate.
- Supervisors are responsible to monitor the amount of time in lieu being accrued by their staff.
- Time off in lieu will be at a rate of one hour worked to one hour time in lieu.
- Time off in lieu should be calculated in 15-minute intervals, and can be claimed where the additional time worked exceeds 30 minutes.
- Time in lieu of more than four (4) days may not be accrued.
- Time in lieu can only be accrued and taken in accordance with this policy.
- Time in lieu should be redeemed as soon as possible after it has been accrued, and all time in lieu must be taken within 12 weeks of being accrued.
- Time in lieu credits will not form part of any eligible termination payment.