To outline the purpose, membership and terms of reference of the Learning Teaching and Research Committee.
The Learning, Teaching and Research Committee is a subcommittee of the Academic Board and, as such, has responsibility, delegated by the Academic Board, to develop and implement quality learning, teaching and research across Eastern College.
Terms of Reference
The Learning, Teaching and Research Committee will:
- Develop and periodically review the Learning, Teaching, and Research Plan of the College in line with the Strategic Plan of the College
- Ensure that quality learning, teaching and research is implemented in the College according to the College’s Strategic Plan
- Create, review and update policies related to learning, teaching and research
- Develop, improve and promote the learning, teaching and research practices of the College in light of changing expectations in the College and sector
- Explore and encourage new and innovative practice in learning, teaching and research
- Review existing and proposed courses, units and unaccredited programs and make recommendations to the Academic Board and/or the College Executive
- Review qualifications and suitability of all teaching staff and make recommendations to the College Executive and/or the Academic Board
- Receive reports from the Director of Online Learning and course coordinators and advise the Academic Board and/or the College Executive on progress or concerns
- Decide on the recipients of Academic Awards and prizes
- Vice-Principal Academic (Chair)
- Dean of Studies
- Dean of Faculty
- General Manager
- Director of Research
- Faculty Representative
The Chairperson will co-opt course coordinators and other members as required.
Meetings of the Committee
There will be a minimum of 6 meetings a year.