To outline the purpose, membership and terms of reference of the Learning Teaching and Research Committee.
The Learning, Teaching and Research Committee is a committee of the Academic Board.
1. Principal (ex officio)
2. Dean of Academic Administration
3. Dean of Faculty
4. Director of Learning and Teaching
5. Director of Research
6. VET Co-ordinator
7. The Chairperson may co-opt other members as required.
Terms of Reference
- Advise Academic Board on all matters relating to the implementation of the College's Learning, Teaching and Research plan and strategy.
- Advise the Academic Board on the educational profile of the Academic Staff; and, new or substantially changed courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Review all new teaching and learning course, subject proposals; and, research proposals in relation to their pedagogical soundness and compliance with Academic Board and College Strategic Plans.
- Coordinate reviews of subjects, curricula; and, research undertaken in the College and to advise the Academic Board on the implementation of such reviews.
- To provide advice to the Academic Board concerning learning, teaching and research aspects of the Quality Assurance processes for all courses and units.
- To advise the Academic Board on learning and teaching matters, including online and web-based teaching, and teaching at all sites of program delivery and to oversee the evaluation and quality assurance of teaching and the promotion of good teaching in the College.
- To advise the Academic Board on research matters and to oversee the evaluation and quality assurance of research and the promotion of good research in the College.
- To recommend to the Academic Board new learning, teaching and research initiatives; .
- To administer and distribute such funds as are provided to the Committee for the development of learning, teaching and research in the College.
- To consider matters related to the establishment of prizes and awards for learning, teaching and research excellence within the College.
- To manage the “Faculty Categories and Classification Policy” and to recommend to the Academic Board, Academic Staff members for promotion.
- To advise the Academic Board on any issue or policy brought to or through liaison with relevant external bodies.
- Review all Academic Policies on behalf of the Academic board
- To provide advice to the Academic Board on specific issues, as requested.